Many of you know that I do weddings. Actually for many occasions I was always the wedding coordinator not the bridesmaid. Sometimes I missed being in the spotlight with my dear friends but only for a very brief moment. I do wedding planning much better than standing and smiling for the cameras. Being in the background and knowing all the details was more my forte'.
This time I coordinated a Renewal of Vows ceremony. A first for me! My dear friends Tony and Teresa celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary by renewing their wedding vows in front of family and friends. Tony is an incredibly talented musician, one of our church's worship leaders, our school's music and band teacher and Emily's clarinet teacher. Teresa has been a faithful attendee of my bible studies along with also being a gifted worship leader. Their three children were a part of their wedding party; Teresa's dad gave her away; they sang the same song they sang to each other at their original wedding; and they wrote new vows of commitment and love for each other.
More importantly at this day and age where marriage is seen as not essential and not needed, their commitment for one another has influenced their children to strive to attain the same for themselves. Each child shared to the guests how their parent's love for each other through the good times and bad have impacted their lives. THAT part was my favorite and the most touching to me. Through the power of God's love for us, we can stay true to God's commandment of marriage by loving one and only one for life. It was truly a spectacular event and I felt privileged to have been a part of it.
(I thank my very talented husband for taking these beautiful pictures of their wedding.)
 |
| Hard at work...try 'pinning' an aisle runner on concrete.. and this was my first outdoor wedding too! |
 |
| Bride and her father |
 |
| Singing to each other |
 |
| The very happy couple! |
 |
| The gorgeous family |
 |
| My very dear friend and sister-in Christ |
No comments:
Post a Comment