Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Graduations

This June we had the privilege of attending a few graduations: 3 eighth grade and 1 high school.

First was my nephew Daniel who graduated 8th grade from Kings Academy Christian School. He will continue at Kings for high school. Daniel is the oldest of 3 sons from my sister. I remember Daniel as a chunky little boy who was scared of going to school, of watching Disney movies and of remote control race cars. Now he is as tall as me and even his shoe size is bigger than Matthew's. He has grown to be a hard working student and continues to excel in Math and Science. E-Ma and E-Jeung are super proud of him.


Next is Kyle, my cousin's son who graduated from 8th grade at Milpitas Christian School. He was my 'Big Fella' when he was born because he was so big compared to his tiny munchkin sister. He continues to excel in all he does (check out his 'future city' that he created with 2 friends).  His Uncle Gow Gow and I are very proud of him. He will attend Valley Christian High School next year.

This is Kyle's school project displayed at his school's library. "Kylinson" came in 2nd place!
Our dear friends, Scott and Helen's daughter, Rachel, graduated from 8th at CCS. Her graduating class had a total of 14 students which made the ceremony short and very sweet. She will attend Washington High School in the Fall.


Lastly my treasured gardener, Michelle, graduated from 12th grade at Washington High School with honors, I may add. We are so thrilled that our little Chellie-Bellie will go off to Azusa Pacific University to major in art and minor in English in the Fall. Her graduating class was 500+ and it was held outside on the school's field in the blistering heat. In 8 years (2019), Emily will be graduating from this school. I know that that sounds like a long way into the future but I'm sure that it will go by quicker than we think.


We got to the stadium at 2pm for the 4pm ceremony. Let's just say it was a long afternoon. We were on the top row in the stands. It was so hot that we decided to pass on the bleachers (my back hurt!) and sat behind the bleachers in the shade on the asphalt.
It was much cooler here and when it was time for Michelle's name to be called, we stood up, blew the horn and yelled as loud as we could. But while we were waiting, we had to entertain ourselves as best as we could.
 I have known many of these kids since birth and to see them grow up, all knowing the Lord as their Lord & Savior, is truly a blessing. I know that with our prayers and the Lord's guidance they will continue to make Godly decisions for their young lives. 


2 comments:

Amos said...

Is Hannah holding a vuvuzela? Like from last year's world cup in South Africa? It looks loud!

Matt said...

Not sure if it's the same as a vuvuzela. I bought it many many years ago.