Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Underwater

My husband is a photography nut. He always has his camera with him taking pictures of anything that looks creatively appealing.. buildings, animals, fauna, or people. He even takes pictures of himself driving..if you can image that. (Just check out his flicker account). He also reads photography magazines, listens to photography podcasts and keeps up with the latest cameras and their accessories. He even has some photography 'buddies' at church and most of the time, they talk about their cameras.

One area photographers may not have ventured into is taking pictures 'underwater'. My husband bought a waterproof camera just to do just that. So whenever we go to anyone's house for a pool party.. that camera goes with him.

It is an interesting view from underwater.. one that I've never experienced because 1) I can't swim so to have me hold my breath underwater is a definite no-no. and 2) I can't see without my glasses so everything is blurry anyway.

I've been told that it's not that easy to stay still underwater much less stay in one position as if one was out of the water. All in all, it's a neat viewpoint as a non-swimmer to see what goes on under the water.
The happy five-some all relaxed and posed!
What a change when they go underwater!
But it does look very relaxing doesn't it?
I must say you can't do that pose out of the water.
I wonder how deep he had to get to get this picture. He must have strong lung muscles to hold his breath for that long.
This is what happens when you're in the water 4+ hours.
Now what do you do if you weren't in the water? Pick lemons!
Thank you Michelle for picking all those lemons for us! I didn't know that you had to get that high to do it though. Heights are another thing I do not do.. but that's for another time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Great photos.