Friday, March 23, 2012

Up, Up, They Go

I am scared of heights. Whenever I look down even if I'm standing on a ladder, table or even a chair I get weak and wobbly in the knees. That's just me.

My girls, on the other hand, are not afraid of heights.

They went rock climbing for the first time at a friend's birthday party.

Emily was hesitant but tried it since all her friends were doing it.
First time she went up she stopped half way. Got nervous she said.
The next time she did it she got to the top... 35 feet high... that's 3 stories high!
Here Emily in action:

After seeing her big sister climb the wall, Hannah decided to try too.
She got to the top on her first try. And she climbed it like she was Spider-Girl.

Here is Hannah in action:

Their father didn't want to be out-shined (unlike their mama who doesn't mind being out-shined... (Shine-away.. go ahead I say!) so he went up for a try. It wasn't as easy as it looked, he said.


Definitely a heightened awareness of how little we are on the earth!

4 comments:

Amos said...

Way to go Hannah and Emily!
Where's the video of matt climbing the wall?

valerie clubb said...

ugh--a lot of those "rocks" aren't sticking out far enough for me to want to climb! hooray for Emily & Hannah!

Mah Mah said...

Wow, you girls were so brave. My heart almost fell out when I saw the actions! I have better faith on your Dad.

Mah Mah

MS said...

catching up on some Ma news...wow Goo Jea is very impressed with the girls! So strong and brave. Will have to show LY and LW to inspire them when they are older. Tell them I am so proud of them! I climbed the rock climbing wall on our cruise ship years ago and it was hard.