Friday, March 9, 2012

Bird Heaven

Emily's version of heaven will be filled with birds, birds and more birds along with products for birds and of course, bird seed. And lots of it. (God did make all the birds.)

We found a new wild bird store called Birder's Garden. It was a wonderful store filled with lots of great birdie things for Emily to see. She spent over 90 minutes in the store looking at everything! And I mean EVERYTHING!! No browsing for her here!  (Hannah was done in about 20 minutes).


Emily got two huge bags of peanuts (shelled and unshelled) for her birdies.
Huge assortment of seed
They even have stuff for squirrels.
Birdhouses galore
Hummingbird Land
Feeder Frenzy
Nesting supplies; Emily's next project is to help her birds nest. She wants them to nest at our house.. whatever that means.
Emily spent $70 on all her stuff here. She spent most of her Christmas and Chinese New Year money on the above.

5 comments:

Kay Rahman said...

I have that bird book. It's one of my many. My mother & father in law are both avid birders and have purchased many birding guides for me as they slowly turn me into a birder too. :-)

valerie clubb said...

good for you for encouraging Emily's love of birds! i wonder what Hannah's in to?
:)

CEZ said...

Hannah is into Build-A-Bear stuffed animals, their clothes and accessories; Barbie; and anything 'fashion' oriented. Emily could care less about those things. They are polar opposites.

theyews said...

Looks like Emily found a new "toy" store.

Patrick

mom said...

I am so happy that Ka-Yen found her hobby in birding. now she can spend some of her lai-si in buying stuff for her birds. Very interesting to see some of these birds stuff that I never pay attention to them before. Again I love Ka-Yen's smile!

Mom