Friday, December 16, 2011

Staycation

I have never heard of the term 'staycation' until recently. Per Wikipedia, Staycation  is 'a period of time which an individual or family stays and relaxes at home, possible taking day trips to attractions'. Personally, I would call those trips 'field trips' but that's just me.

Not sure it that term fits this recent trip of ours: we did stay in town (less than an hour away) but we stayed in a hotel and acted like tourists. I think we went on a vaca-tion but I digress.

Before going on a stay- or vaca-tion, I do a lot of research in regards to where we will be staying at and where we will be visiting.

First, the Hotel: it has to have either two queens or a king and a sofa bed. I'm not picky on suites or having two rooms or a microwave /fridge (although those amenidies would be very nice). I just want a good nights sleep when I am away from home.

Since we were heading out to spend a few days in the Big City, I realized that there are not many hotels that have what I'm looking for. Instead they mainly have two doubles. Not very family friendly, I'd say.

After checking out hundreds of hotels in the City, I came across The Donatello Hotel. 
It had a king and a pull out sofa bed. Perfect!  Plus it was right downtown in Union Square where all the action was! I was very pleased with the hotel and the reviews on hotel.com were accurate and extremely helpful!
Our room on the 8th floor.
We met up with my brother and his wife for dinner in North Beach and dessert at Ghirardelli Square. Yum!

We walked around and admired the holiday decorations and ice rink they had in the Square.
 The weather was not too cold and the place was not too crowded.


Gorgeous!


 To Be Continued...


No comments: