Sunday, September 25, 2011

Singing in the Choir

No not me.. (heaven forbid!).. but my girls, as a part of their Sunday School class, got the opportunity to sing with our church's adult choir and Pastor. They sang "Noah Built the Ark" and everyone did a great job!

Now since our church is a 'tiny' one, our Sunday School is also 'tiny'. Looks like on this particular Sunday, we had 16 kids all between the grades Kinder through sixth.
Whenever I go visit other churches, it always seem that their congregation of children are exploding.. with the kids usually outnumbering the adults.

I  guess either more of our kids come to the 11am service instead of 9am or we just don't have that many young families. Food for thought...

2 comments:

Heather Rose-Chase said...

What church are you going to now? That looks like Sherman. Are you not at FCC anymore? It used to be so huge! And the church we are going to here in Macau is so small that everyone on stage would be everyone who attends! It's a HUGE change from attending my beloved Mosaic. :(

CEZ said...

Yes still at FCC. I was being sarcastic when I said 'tiny'. I'm just amazed that a church our size had only 18 kids total from grades K-6 in attendance that Sunday. My sister's tiny Japanese church has that same amount probably in just two grade levels. Can't compare us to Mosaic though. That church was huge and you needed a separate auditorium for the kids.