Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Meet, Eat and Beat

UPDATE: We're getting closer to the winner who writes my 50th Comment! Keep commenting!

We had the joy of Meeting our long time friends, the L. Family, to Eat lunch at Moonstar Buffet.

I have to tell you that we are part of a Chinese buffet club called "Bond-Fire". Owen and Grace are the President and Vice-President, respectively. Matthew and I are just members. It's not for the Chinese only. We just only eat at Chinese Buffets.

The club has grown quite quickly. It doubled in size with the addition of us. We eat, rate and critique the quality of food, atmosphere, service, selection of food, wait time, bathrooms etc.. Five Bibles is the highest ranking you can get in a category. I'm not sure how they rank everything. I just go to eat and agree with everything the President says. As a member, I don't want to make waves. Don't want to be banned from the Club.
We were also Meeting to celebrate our President's birthday.. the BIG 4-something. He never did tell us how old he was.
The President's family.. kind of like the Obamas with their two girls but Grace is the Vice-President, a little higher role than Michelle's
The neat thing about this particular Chinese buffet was that it had a cotton candy machine. Did you ever see a cotton candy machine in a Chinese buffet? Well, now you have!

This was one of the favorite treats for the girls.
They also offer free face painting...
Or arm painting...
Or hand painting.. whichever you prefer...

This buffet also had a great rice porridge bar and traditional Chinese soups.

Afterwards we had to work off all that we ate, so we headed to another favorite past time of our beloved President: Racing.

Specifically, Go-Kart racing at GoKart Racer
The purpose for this event was to Beat everyone out there! Well, everyone in your group that is.

This was the track that they drove on.
They were driving quite fast...but there isn't an speedometer on the Kart so they aren't sure how fast they were going.. Matthew drove so fast that I was barely able to take a clear picture of him (#23).

Owen (#5) was smart and slowed down so his wife could take a clear picture of him. He knows that was what she wanted him to do. He even waved at her. He's such a good husband. He already knows what she wants and does it. (I guess that's why he's the President.)
The results are in: Matthew did quite well and placed #2. He actually was in first place at the beginning but that "Innocented" guy cut in front of him and grabbed the lead for the rest of the race. Owen placed #4. I'm sure he did not plan to drive too fast in order for his wife to be able to take a clear picture of him. Yes, I think that was the case.
Below were the 'real' winners of the race.

2 comments:

Patty Chin Kashiwamura said...

If I wasn't on a diet all the time, I would have joined the club.

Amos said...

I think I just gained 5 lbs.