Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Beautifying Brunch

I love to eat.
I love to eat homemade food.
I love to eat homemade food that I did not make.

So I loved going over to my dear friend, Grace's, home for a delicious brunch. She enticed Susana and myself with a huge pot of peach tea...
... delicious buckwheat soba noodle salad...
... yummy cranberry buttermilk scones...
... and apricot scones...
... to go with the piece de resistance... lemon curd! They were soooo yummy!!


I always felt that the best times of reconnecting and deep conversation was over a meal or a cup of tea. I don't get to see these two friends enough and when we get together we try not to talk over one another (because there is just so much to catch us up on). We listen, laugh, eat, listen, respond, respond and laugh and eat some more.

It is those times that I feel that this is what friendship is. Connecting, listening, responding, encouraging and loving each other.

I also loved the drive down to Grace's house. Mind you I don't like to drive and I don't like to drive in traffic to a city that I'm not too familiar with. (It took us almost an hour to get there with traffic.) But I really enjoyed talking to Sus about what's been happening in our lives. Catching up with one another one-on-one with no interruptions. I told Matthew that it was real precious time for me with her.

Other than eating, Grace also pampered us with her new interest: beautifying ourselves.

Yes, we are at the stage of needing to use 'anti-aging' products. Actually, I was told that you need to start using 'anti-aging' products when you're in your 30's. When the wrinkles and age spots come, it's kind of too late to do anything significant about it. Oh well.. better late than never.

No, we are not using Oil of Olay but Grace showed us some of what she was using and recommending to her friends: Mary Kay products.

She showed us a lotion and scrub for our hands that helped soften our cuticles. Our hands get a beating with all the things we do with them.

We got to clean and beautify our faces with moisturizer, mineral powder, eye shadow, blush and lipstick. I'm not big on makeup.. less is more for me, but I loved the powder brush.

I personally am using Arbonne anti-aging skin care products and am happy with it but it's interesting to see what other lines have to offer. 

The big thing I came away with is the need for eye cream (I have some but keep forgetting to put it on) and taking better care of our hands.

If you are interested in any products from Mary Kay, Grace would love to beautify you. Just contact her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for capturing the memories, Cez! It was fun but too short. Gotta do it again. Thanks Gracie for hosting as well!! I ate some of the scones on the way home. They were so good!!