It's almost 30 years since we graduated high school. We all ate, played, laughed, cried, studied, and grew up from being young innocent teenagers to 'young' mature adults. We attended college at Cal Poly, UC Davis, Berkeley, Santa Barbara, Santa Cruz or UofW. Then we graduated college; found jobs; went back for more schooling; got teaching credentials, Masters, MD's and PhD's; changed jobs; dated; married; bore children; adopted children. We all made the best of what God has given us.
Now you see before you: educators, medical professionals, engineers, even a self-made businessman.
 |
| Get-Together 2011 |
Most of us still live in the same area. One even lives a couple of houses down from the house he grew up in; his kids are going to the same school he went to as a kid. Another one has moved so many times I lost count. (btw, I need your new address!). One even lives as far as 'down under'. But no matter where we are we try to get together as much as we can.
 |
| Dave & Leanne's Wedding 1990 |
 |
| Darryl & Jennifer's Wedding 1993 |
 |
| Bryan & Angie's Wedding 1994 |
 |
| Betty & Al's Wedding 1994 |
 |
| My Wedding 1995 - I am so bummed that I didn't have a group picture. That's what happens when I'm not taking the pictures. I guess I was a bit busy. |
 |
| Get-Together 1996 |
 |
| Get-Together 1999 |
 |
| Get-Together 2004 |
 |
| Get-Together 2007 |
 |
| Get-Together 2009 |
Yes we have tried to get together throughout the years. Not all of us make it but those who can, do and we have a great time reminiscing about the past and sharing about the present and future. Our kids get together and even though they don't know each other as well as we grown ups do, they still bond by doing the universal kid thing: play!
 |
| The girls swam outdoors and ate.. |
 |
| ... while the boys ate and played indoors. |
I am very lucky to have these cherished childhood friendships. We all haven't changed that much since high school. Yes, we have more responsibilities: our own home to care for; a job to go to; and bills to pay but we still stay true to who we were some 30 years ago. Our personalities are still the same, and hey, some of us still look the same. The phrase "young at heart" rings true for all of us. Yes, I am very blessed to have them in my life!
3 comments:
Wow what a pictography. So many memories. Thanks for putting this together. Bryan
Wow! Amazing to see how much has happened since we went through high school together! Thanks, Cezanne, for documenting and providing a visual narrative of our lives both together and independently. Truly grateful for such precious friendships!
Thanks Tim. Sorry I didn't put your wedding pic up.I didn't have a group picture from it and only had your wedding picture.
Post a Comment