We headed to visit the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. It was a very windy and overcast day but the beach was busy as it should be since it's summer.
We had a bunch of ride tickets left over from last year and Emily had some arcade tickets that she wanted to redeem. It was getting expensive to ride the bigger rides and the arcade was just as costly.
| The Tsunami - they were the only ones on the ride! |
| The machine that counts the tickets.. |
|
| She was so happy because all the things she wanted to trade her tickets for had high ticket prices. She eventually got a little battery-operated hamster, a bead kit, and some Twizzlers. |
I always felt that the most time spent in the arcade was at the prize booth. It's easy to play all those arcade games because each one lasts only a few seconds. But we could be standing at the prize booth for hours just looking for what they want to get but can't because they don't have enough tickets so they frantically decide (since we parents are telling them to hurry it up) on getting cheap and cheezey toys that will break or get lost from the time we leave the arcade to the car. But that's the part of the excitement of the arcade, I guess!!
Being the 'baseball' players the boys were, they each tried to hit 3 to get a prize. They really wanted the huge pikachu (the bottom yellow creature) but the most they could get down was 2 (by D.).
I have to say that I enjoy the variety of food here at the Boardwalk! They have hamburgers, hot dogs, tacos, burritos, pizzas, wraps, terayaki rice bowls, buffalo wings, smoked turkey drumsticks, salads and I could go on. That's not even mentioning all the desserts available too! I love the Texas donuts because they are huge. Almost the size of my little Z's face! But I passed on it.. I chose a chocolate dipped ice cream instead.
![]() |
| Emily loves the dip n' dots. |


No comments:
Post a Comment