Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Suspended in MidAir

... on a bridge. As I continue my series of our Vancouver trip during Thanksgiving, we did take some time to do some touristy stuff. This time we ventured to check out one of Vancouver's suspended bridges.

Vancouver is an interesting city. It's a big city and has many suburbs that surround it. We rarely went on any highway or freeway to get anywhere. Supposedly everything is around 10-15 minutes away BUT you have to drive through Vancouver... the city. After a few days of driving everywhere, I realized that we were doing lots of city driving: lots of traffic lights, stop and go traffic, and tons of cars everywhere. That's how it is in Vancouver. I was getting very tired of the city driving. I am a suburbie gal... down to my core.

But if you drive only 20 minutes away from the city center you see this... lush green forests and waterfalls etc..

Located a little north of Vancouver, the Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge is part of Lynn Canyon Park and is a pedestrian bridge that is 160 feet high from the bottom of the canyon. The bridge connects the extensive hiking trails on the two sides of the canyon. It is shorter than the famous Capilano Suspension Bridge but it is narrower and moves around more when people walk on it. Plus the Capilano bridge is $32 pp; the Lynn Canyon one is free!
I didn't realize we would 'hike' down to the bottom but it was quite beautiful when we got there.
Emily and Uncle Jason
Gorgeous! Looks like a picture from a magazine huh?
Matthew and his cousin Jason.
Jason, his wife Maki and Enzo
Looks like they came right out of The Hobbit.
LAST UP: Family

Happy New Year Everyone! Welcome 2013!!

2 comments:

valerie c. said...

you were brave to do the suspension bridge! the forest-green pictures remind me of Alaska! such a lush and "un-touched" look.

mom said...

Yes Vancouver is a very interesting city. I have been the city many many times but never get chance for sightseeing. I am a nature person but Ba is not. The rocks are so beautiful looks like unreal!