Thursday, December 20, 2012

Jack and Jill

At Sherman's beautiful community room in his building... Stacy & Terry's friends hosted a beautiful little shower for the both of them. It was a Jack and Jill shower.
I thought it was the nursery rhyme, Jack and Jill, but apparently I was incorrect. 'Jack and Jill' meant 'coed'. Okayyyy...Must be a Canadian thing... and here I am queen of planning showers... but of course they were always baby showers not bridal showers. And I have never gone to a co-ed shower so what the hey.. something new to experience right?

This was a beautiful and delicious cake! And since they were not going to have a wedding cake (instead it was going to be wedding pops) we had to really enjoy it! It was red velvet!!
Everyone patiently waited for us... we were 30 minutes late.... CA Chinese time right?
With the bride and groom
The girls hamming it in the 'photo booth'
While the boys played race cars.. Timothy with Enzo (Matthew's cousin Jason's son) both are the same age... 4!
You can't have a bridal shower without... Games! Yep... I shuddered as I heard that word... but I tried to be a good sport about it and participated... for the sake of my children... Didn't want them to think their mom was a party pooper... (which I am!). Yes I admit, I am NOT very fun!

First Game was a trivia one... Ok... I can do those. And I got one or two right too! (I'm a good guesser.)

Second Game... create a decorative table topper with only the supplies given. Well... my little creative genius, Hannah, was on my team and she whipped up something that was personal yet creative with a little bling to it to honor her Auntie Stacy and Uncle Terry.

Apparently, her brother's team (that Mathew was also on) did not quite understand the concept of 'table topper or centerpiece'. This was an interesting horse puppet thang.
Can you guess which one the guest of honor liked? (Of course the $20 that Kenny slipped in it as an added accessory was a clincher!)
Another game was... Dances... yep I know... it gets worse for me... Each team had to 'perform' four different dances (written on slips of paper) and the bride and groom had to guess what kind of dance it was.

Emily's team had her Goo-Jeh/Matthea... can you guess what kind of dance they were doing?
Here is our team.. I'm not sure WHAT we were doing... oh yes... it was Beyonce's Single Ladies
Here the young boys were chillin'.
NEXT UP: THE Dinner

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, party pooper! looks like you had fun in spite of yourself!! and it looked like a great time was had by all! love the photo booth photo

Anonymous said...

(sorry, not Anonymous--valerie c.

Mom said...

For Ka Yen's team, it looks like they were doing the "
Watermelon dance" and for your team, I think Kenny was doing the "hold up" dance, hahaha1 funny.

Mom said...

For Ka Yen's team, it looks like they were doing the "
Watermelon dance" and for your team, I think Kenny was doing the "hold up" dance, hahaha1 funny.