You actually can't call it a 'dinner' when you eat with them. It's more like a 'banquet' ... 10 dishes... fancy dishes I might say... you won't see sweet and sour pork, lemon chicken or chow fun at this table! When you eat with this couple... you eat well... you eat really really well...
Of course, I did not take any pictures of our dinner the first night we were in Vancouver at Kirin.. bummer.. that was one of the best ones during this trip... I guess I was too busy eating and talking (
So you'll have to make do with dinner #2. Let me walk you through our courses at Tai Tung Chinese Seafood Restaurant:
![]() |
| Traditional chicken soup... with the feet... yum they were delicious! So tender! |
![]() |
| Peking duck with wraps not buns as you would see them in the States |
![]() |
| Two fresh lobsters... |
![]() |
| ...that turned into lobster with e-mein with creme sauce |
![]() |
| Duck meat (from the previous peking duck dish) and stir fried bell peppers |
![]() |
| Steamed black cod with black bean sauce (Matthea picked through this fish until it was bone dry!) |
![]() |
| Chicken salad? I don't remember |
![]() |
| Large pea leaves stir-fried with garlic |
![]() |
| Fresh deep fried tofu and some kind of veggie.. I don't remember |
![]() |
| Deep fried pork with a sweet type of glaze.. very yummy and crispy |
![]() |
| Beef stir fry with gailan (Chinese broccoli) |













4 comments:
THAT was a big table!!!
Man, I was salivating. We need to go with you guys next time.
Grace
Yummy! I've never had Peking Duck with buns, only with wraps. But I guess I've never had Peking Duck in America, only Asia. Now I'm super hungry!
Wow, all the dishes are very yummy!!
Post a Comment