After all the bird viewing, we were ravenous. But before we headed to dinner, I had to check out this shaved ice place that everyone on FB was raving about.
Aloha Pure Water Shaved Ice in San Pablo. It was right after we came
back from Hawaii that I was craving real Hawaiian shaved ice. Everyone said that this is THE place to go so finally we were in the area close enough to check it out!
 |
| Menu and yes they do sell water! |
 |
| Yes their ice was shaved as it is in Hawaii |
Matthew ordered a Lily Cup size with tiger's blood, pina colada, and lychee flavors; Hannah ordered a Junior Cup with Grape flavor; and I ordered a Lily cup size with tiger's blood, cherry and lycee flavors. I loved the cherry and lychee (one of my favs) but didn't care too much for the tiger's blood.
Rachel ordered a junior cup of melona and orange creamsicle with mochi balls; Emily ordered a junior cup with watermelon and lychee flavors with mochi balls on top of chocolate ice cream! Yep.. it was her birthday!
DINNER! Noodle Theory in Berkeley was one of our last stops for the day. We were starving since we skipped lunch... was busy watching the birds on the hill remember? Noodle Theory is a cute little place... very Asian fusion I would say.
 |
| The edamamae was drizzled with a thick soy sauce and sesame seeds.. a nice touch giving it a different flavor |
 |
| Appetizer.. pomegranate plum sauce spare ribs.. delish!! |
 |
| Dry sauteed blue lake green beans |
 |
| Matthew had pan seared duck breast over noodles in thai red curry |
 |
| Both Emily and Rachel got the Chicken karage (aka deep fried chicken nuggets) with pork flavored ramen noodles |
 |
| I got slow roasted pork belly with pork miso flavored ramen |
 |
| Hannah got grilled salmon with miso flavored ramen |
Everything was delicious and we were stuffed!! It was a wonderful end to Emily's birthday celebration... Oh what to do next year? (No worries... I have plenty of time to plan!)
3 comments:
man, the shaved ice lily cups were huge! can't imagine the size of 'Big Island'!!!
i should not read your food blogs when i'm hungry...
All the dishes look so yummy. I like Hannah's grill salmon the best. Surely this is the sweet memories of all those activities to celebrate Ka Yen's 12 years b-day! She is so very much loved by her parents, family and friends.
Tiger's blood! Awesome!
Post a Comment