Monday, October 29, 2012

Backyard Antics and #200

Well...he doesn't cause as much of a ruckus anymore but he is quite crafty. Here he is taking the bread that we put out for the birds.
 Not sure where he takes it though ...

 Hey...Birds do take showers! Check out this mourning dove.
It sat as the sprinklers were on and slowly lifted each wing as the water sprayed it's underside!
 These mourning doves wanted to take a bath (on the tray) and shower (the rain!).
 This little house finch was splashing away like crazy!

 Unfortunately not all of Emily's birdies are so cute...
This one was found in the backyard. Sometimes we see sick birds. This sparrow was way past being sick. It was the second bird that we have found that was dead.

On another day, while Matthew was out weeding the front yard, this sharp-shinned hawk swooped right above his head and landed onto the tree.

These geese were lovin' our neighborhood cornfields! They are an awesome sight every time I drive by as I take the girls to school in the mornings.

AND It's my 200th Blog Post!! Can't believe I got to 200 and I thank you, dear readers, who faithfully keep up with all our adventures of life! I appreciate every one of you!


3 comments:

valerie c. said...

what glorious close-ups of the birds! i really enjoy the photos--sometimes i learn the names of the birds we have over here, although we have several you haven't posted yet!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on post #200. Thanks for sharing a bit of your life with us.

May your next #200 be just as much fun.

Patrick

Mom said...

I enjoy seeing the house finch taking their bath and the geese in the cornfields are pretty sight too!
I have enjoyed very much on all your 200 posts. Thank you for sharing your life with us.