Friday, April 20, 2012

Trees are GOOD!

The last day of spring break I took the girls and two friends to see Dr. Seuss' The Lorax. It was a very environmentally friendly film encouraging us to appreciate and nurture our trees which give us fresh air to breathe.
ALERT SPOILERS AHEAD if you have not watched the movie.

The movies starts off in a beautiful happy town. All the greenery we expect in a neighborhood (i.e. trees, bushes, flowers etc..) are inflatables which the towns people have to pump up every morning. Apparently there are no real plants that exist in this town... at least anymore. And instead of getting spring water delivered to your home, you can buy fresh air (in the same Alhambra water containers). The delivery man delivers it to your home, you drop it into your stand (as like if it was water) and turn on the fan to start blowing fresh air into your home. How ingenuous is that?

Of course there is one character, a young girl, who dreams of owning a real tree (that apparently only existed long long ago), and a boy who likes this girl and wants to get her a tree for her birthday. His grandma tells him he has to find the person who was responsible for destroying all the trees to get the full story of why the trees disappeared. I'll stop there and if you want to find out what happens you just have to see the movie.

The girls loved the movie and afterwards I took them to lunch. Rachel and Adrianne wanted In-N-Out burgers and my girls wanted spaghetti from Jollibee so as a good mom, I bought the spaghetti and brought it to In-N-Out. Now everyone is happy!



2 comments:

Heather Rose-Chase said...

The Jollibee spaghetti sauce in the Philippines is the color of strawberries. I did not sample it! Blech!

mom said...

I think you are a very good mom and very smart too to come up with the idea of taking the spaghetti into the In and out place.

Mom