Sunday, April 29, 2012

Good Eats

Whenever we come up to Reno we have to eat at this place. All-you-can-eat sushi made to order. And since we were traveling with our Buffet Club President and VP... it was a must destination.

I did not realize this but this restaurant that serves all-you-can-eat-sushi has two locations. Sushi Pier 1 and Sushi Pier 2. Matthew and I and the rest of my family whenever we come in December go to Sushi Pier 1 and it's a dinky place. Super duper dinky and can barely accommodate my extended family of 15 when we come. I think we take up 1/2 of the restaurant when we all come.

O. and G. introduced us to Sushi Pier 2. This massive family-style restaurant can hold three Sushi Pier 1's... at least!
Seriously.. we have been going to the wrong location! This one is massively big!
Okay.. three adults ate the all-you-can-eat sushi: $22.95 per person. I do not eat anything raw so I would not get my monies worth. Instead I had beef terayaki and it was delicious!

The other three adults ate the following:
mussels appetizer
BBQ seared tuna (tastes like smoked tuna, very unique)
Wiseguy's (spicy tuna & avocado), Joey Ramone (spicy tuna, spicy crab, avocado)
hamachi, salmon skin handroll, Caterpillar roll, Dragon roll
seared tuna, tobiko, unagi, Goofy (unagi, avocado, & crab), maguro, sake
BBQ seared tuna, cooked scallop, upside down shrimp, Rainbow roll (hamachi, maguro, sake), salmon skin handroll, unagi,  upside down crab (the crab is just imitation crab deep fried)
They ended with a parfait dessert!

You think they ate enough food? Oh I forgot to ask our Buffet Club Officers how they ranked this place.

3 comments:

valerie clubb said...

i'm with you about raw meats--the California Roll is as much sushi as i will eat. i'm with you--Teriyaki all the way!
yum!

mom said...

Wow, The food looks soooo yummy although I don't eat raw meat like you. You took good photos.
We just finished our Sunday dinner(instant noodles) at 9 Pm. Ba preached 2 sermons at 2 churches today. He gave a powerful challenging sermon in the ordination service this afternoon at Lord's Grace Christian Church in Mountain View. The service was 21/2 hour long!

Mom

BigO said...

That looks good...I'll have to remember that if I ever get up to Reno.