People say that it's easier to have two at the same time and get it all over with at one time... the pregnancy and birth and all.
My former teacher-colleague had twins... a boy and a girl (her daughter is also named Hannah). A friend from Portland had twin girls (I never could tell them apart.) Matthew's cousin is currently pregnant with twins. Twin boys actually. They already have two sons... so that makes four boys for their growing family.
When my sister and I were growing up, my mom dressed us alike. That's what parents do to their kids especially those of the same gender. I guess that's the closest you can get to having twins. (Heather, I know that you'd appreciate this!)
![]() |
| My sister and I with homemade dresses made by our dear mother. |
![]() |
| More handmade dresses and sweaters. I cannot believe how short they were. Of course my brother did not participate in the twining. My mom even cut our hair the same. |
You can even have triplets... (you got to love Gymboree clothes)
Grown-ups can even get into the picture.
| The girlies with their Auntie Matthea |
...and with her mother in homemade Easter dresses. (The girls are much bigger now. Angela looks exactly the same. She doesn't age.. really!)
This week was Spirit Week at KHA. It was Twin Day. Emily and her friend, Caryn were twins.
... And yes Emily does have glasses even though she never wears them. No braces...yet.
Here are some of her classmates:
The boys even got into the spirit!
I guess it's more fun pretending to be a twin than actually being one! So they say!









5 comments:
those were really nice homemade clothes your mom made-yes they sure are SHORT! very cute twins/triplet pictures. the 3 girls look so little and cute at sulphur creek!
My mother dressed my sister (Linda) and I alike too. But I have never dressed my sons as twins... Cathy hasn't dress her sons alike yet... I will wait and see if the twins will dress as twins... I seriously doubt it...
i, too, had to wear "twin" clothing with my sister--thanks to my mom! i don't ever recall liking it...i wanted to be individual from my sister. maybe because there was no "choice" in the matter--no "asking" if we wanted to. i think the last time my sister and i had the same matching outfit (yellow smocked dress w/light grey knee-highs) i was in 5th grade. i remember always trying to make sure i didn't wear the socks or the dress to school on the same day that my sister did!
Yep! I started dressing the boys alike when I became the recipient of my Michael's sister's boys' hand-me-downs. She has two boys the same age apart as my boys, but several years older. She always dressed them alike. Through the years everyone warned me that one day the boys would hate it and stop dressing alike. A few years ago I stopped, but to this day when they get dressed, they will either match or coordinate. I hear them in their room, saying, "Let's wear red today, okay?" Makes me happy! And your girls' dresses look so LONG compared to what you and your sis wore!
i love it! I remember my brother and I having matching track suit windbreakers we'd wear to school together =P
Post a Comment