First is our garbage can. I've had this Rubbermaid beauty for over 10+ years. It did it's job very well.
But after seeing one of these shiny gems at a friend's house? Wow... I want one of those! It's a SimpleHuman garbage can.
Not only does it close silently, holds a ton more than my old one and is fingerprint-proof, it has a section for recycling (on the right). Now if it had a section for compost, it would be THE perfect can!
The second thing to replace was plumbing related. We found out one of our bathroom sinks was leaking. The pipes were cracking. We replaced the pipes in all of the sinks in the house and found out that we had actually had five leaks!
Our plumber friend replaced the greenish thin cheap piping with shiny strong LEED certified ones.
We also replaced the plastic values with metal ones that turn off with just a quarter turn. Now I know how to turn the water off! I'm learning new things everyday!
Our third piece was our garage door. The garage door cable became off-line so it needed immediate attention. It was loud and scary when I tried to close it. Thankfully our garage door man came right over to fix it.
| Notice the slant? |
| Old faucet with attached Brita filter |
| New faucet with soap dispenser and filtered water spigot |
| New faucet with additional 3 inch extended height! |
Now I would love a bay window in the kitchen but we'll need to change the counter tops, sink and cabinets. Something I would love and desire of course.. but one thing at a time.
ONGOING CONTEST... remember I will enter your name with each comment you post on anything I've written through February 9 . Random winner will receive a BIG prize!


5 comments:
it's the little things in life that can make us happy, huh?! (i want to change-out the metal garbage can we've been using for recycled things, but i still haven't found a plastic bin that will fit under the kitchen sink. in the meantime, little shavings of black paint/metal come off every time i take it out and put it back. like i said--it's the little things! ;-)
Where did you get the garbage can? Too bad it didn't have a sensor to open the door instead of stepping on a peddle.
Woh, your new kitchen faucet looks very nice. I know you will enjoy this very much because I really love mine.
Mom
Valerie, every new thing we get I get so excited about!:) You might need to go to the Container Store or Dollar Store to see if they have small buckets that can fit underneath your sink. If you come into Union City, I recommend going to Daiso (Japanese dollar store)in the Marina plaza. They have lots of garbage containers.
Grace, we actually got it from a friend's brother who works for SimpleHuman. You can order it online from SimpleHuman and Bed Bath and Beyond also carries the brand, maybe not this style though. I'm not sure.
I like the filtered water at the sink.
Glad you found all those leaks now and not when it was destroying your house.
Patrick
Post a Comment