Sunday, January 1, 2012

Chris-Myth Busters

Happy New Year! Welcome 2012!

The girls' annually perform in their school's Christmas Musical Performance. This year the musical was entitled "Chris-Myth Busters".

As always, the performances were excellently done. Emily performed on a Thursday and Hannah on a Friday. This year we did not luck out on coming only one night. Both of their classes were assigned to sing on different days. (Half the school sings on one day and the other half the other day). So Matthew and his mom (she especially came to see her granddaughters sing) sat through the performance twice while I sat through it four times (I was subbing the day they had rehearsals so yep I sat through it two more times).

All the grades with the exception of Kindergarten (they sing as a solo class) and 7th and 8th grades (the Junior High are part of the drama and tech teams) have to stand and sing during the whole performance. They memorized and sang nine songs. It was about an hour long. You have to sing and do all the motions or you'd stick out like a sore thumb if you don't participate. I have to say everyone sings and does the motions the whole time. It's pretty incredible the dedication these kids have to make this performance great.
Emily singing with her 5th grade classmates along with the 1st and 3rd graders.

Kindergarten has a special separate performance before the musical starts. They come up to the stage to perform four Christmas songs. They are so adorable! My niece did an excellent job for her first musical. Next year, she'll be singing with all the other kids!
Cute Kindergarteners!
Hannah performing with her 2nd grade classmates along with 4th and 6th graders.
Hannah was laughing at herself when she started a song too soon. She said 'Glory" when she wasn't supposed to.
A very proud grandmother with all her granddaughters plus her silly grandson who tried his very best to keep quiet and occupied during the 90 minute performance.

2 comments:

Mom said...

I really enjoyed the musical and seeing all my grand daughters perform well. I actually liked listening twice (two performances) so that I can enjoy it more and to pay off my effort in 2 hours driving to Fremont.

MS said...

Mom is really dedicated in leaving comments for you! This is her 2nd try and I had to help her. :)