Friday, November 4, 2011

They're Still Bad

A Follow-Up from blog post:  It's At It Again

The PAM on the baffle didn't work. Actually the squirrels chewed through the red plastic perch and opening. Emily threw the broken feeders away before I was able to get a picture of it but you can imagine what it was doing in this picture. So we have moved the feeders to better locations that squirrels can't get at it.

They are so persistent. I've watched them run back and forth on our lattice and up and down the tree to figure out what the best way is to get at the seed. Emily's put wider rimed baffles on the feeders so we'll see how it does with them. Apparently, these have been working. It can't stretch far enough to get a good grip!


One squirrel was trying to get at this lantern feeder but was only able to get a hold of the top lid. He was so frustrated that he shook and spun the feeder around. Seeds fell onto the ground. And he scampered onto the ground to feast on his deceptive actions.

The next time one got hold of the lid and shifted it open. Oh would I have loved a beebee gun at that time!
This is how I found the feeder when I came home from work one day. There was a ton of sunflower seeds on the ground.








Matthew put a baffle on it and a homemade seed catcher and moved it to the center but after a day at work, we came home to see this:

So Emily took everything down and instead she made some ground feeders. One came and it invited a buddy. Those horrible scavengers.
Also, it made itself right at home.. check out who's drinking from Emily's new water cooler (also from Matthew's sister's family).
 Shoot them all I tell you!!

I shouldn't say that. God made all creatures, even squirrels. What they are good for... I don't know.

2 comments:

Grace Lee said...

Boy are the annoying. How about chilli pepper in the birdfeeders?

CEZ said...

Really? Are chili peppers okay for birds?