Monday, November 7, 2011

Hannah's Achievements

A Follow Up to my blog post: All About Hannah

Hannah is doing well and enjoying 2nd grade. She has a very understanding and encouraging teacher who is firm yet patient with her 'issues'. She has had minimal anxiety when going to school in the mornings.  No more crying or throwing up and only a few 'I have a tummy ache' in the mornings which quickly disapate when she walks into the classroom.

She has had her last official session with her psychologist, Dr. Y.  The next time we see her will be on a need-be basis. It has been a year and 21 sessions with Dr. Y. and we all have learned a lot from her on how to help Hannah gain control over her anxiety in separating from me and helping her deal with difficult situations that cause her anxiety. She still won't let me volunteer in her classroom but she's been okay with me teaching at the school when I sub. She actually did well when I subbed in her class last week. (But I had to get her a 'big' prize!)
Hannah and Dr. Y.

Hannah has also completed her first piano book, John Thompson's Easiest Piano Course: Book One. She was so thrilled to be finally finished with her book that she asked "When do I stop taking piano?" I responded,"Why do you ask?" She said that she's already good so she doesn't need any more lessons.

Yes, my daughter, after thirteen 30-minute lessons has decided she is a 'real good' piano player now. She hasn't even learned the black keys nor played any notes together with both hands. I told her that she isn't 'that' good yet and there is still a Part Two, Three and Four to her 'Beginner' book series. Let's just say she was NOT happy to hear that. Let's see how long she'll last on the piano.
Hannah and Ms. Aimee
Lastly, she has not lost any additional teeth yet other than the two that were pulled. She'll be 8 years old in two weeks! But her dentist continues to reiterate that there is no problem and they'll come out when they are good and ready! In the meantime, she says that her two front teeth are loose.

Check out how her mouth has grown! Everyone thinks that her gap between her teeth was a place where she lost a tooth but it's not!
Thank goodness that her front teeth did not come out before school portraits.

Here is her 2nd grade school portrait:

3 comments:

Aunite Stella said...

Praise the Lord for Hannah's improvement and achievement! I know her praying grandma has a big part in this.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this wonderful update. What a praise! BTW, those are darling pictures of Hannah!
Angelina

CEZ said...

I posted too soon! The day this was posted was a tough morning filled with tummy aches, I don't want
I go to school drama and crying. She had a math test and we know that doing math gives her anxiety. Sigh.. We were told that there will be ups and downs. Thankfully we have the tools and prayers to deal with the downs. And she has to do math everyday so they will come. Thank you in advance for your continual prayers.