Tuesday, May 22, 2018

There is a Time for Everything

“There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: a time to be born and a time to die; a time to plant and a time to uproot; a time to tear down and a time to build” (Ecclesiastes 3:) 

I taught  the 2nd/3rd grade combo class a Monart drawing of a chamleon

Today was my last work day as a substitute teacher at KHA. I’ve been at KHA for 10 years either as a full time teacher, long term sub or regular sub. As the elementary school temporarily closes for a season to get a reboot and overhaul, I am blessed to be given the opportunity to teach these students. It is always a privilege and honor to teach, guide and hopefully positively influence our next generation.  

Since I have taught in both public and private sectors, both have been a joy and a challenge. At KHA it has been so satisfying to tell kids that God loves them without suffering any reprimand or discipline to me. But one of my most favorite memories of teaching at a public school was when a Catholic believing mom of twin girls, who I have never met until that day, whispered to me that she was praying for a Christian teacher for her girls and was overjoyed that I was one of her girl’s teachers. To know that a parent was praying for me even before I arrived gave me a humbling and honoring feeling. Teaching is most certainly not an easy profession but I have to say, it is one of the most rewarding ones. 

#kimberhillsacademy #fremontcommunitychurch #teacherscanmakeadifference

1 comment:

Valerie Clubb said...

i wonder what avenues God will guide you down in the next season of life for you?!