Happy 17th Birthday to my first born!
She is a truly a gift from God! It was an unforgettable memory! It was January 2000. I was feeling tired and rundown for awhile so I went in for a blood test and told my doctor that I probably had the flu, was anemic or had a thyroid problem since it does run in my family. Little did I know that it was because I was pregnant! A phone call came through into my classroom phone after school (I was not one of the privileged who had a cell phone) and she told me I wasn't sick .. I was pregnant!! It was an answer to prayer since we had been trying to add to our family for two years. It was only until I decided that it may have been the stress of working and teaching full time that was preventing me to conceive. So I decided to quit teaching at the end of that school year and surrendered my desire to have a child to God. In His time; not mine. And when I relinquished my desire to control my life, He blessed us with Emily Ka-Yen when I did not expect it! #HE>i #godisgoodallthetime #beingamotheristhebest #mybabyisalmostanadult😵
Friends since the womb! Literally! We were having dinner with her family at Chevys when one of the older Yee siblings came up to me and asked 'Ms. Cezanne, I think we need the bassinet back.' Now we've only been using it for like a month or two and I didn't know why it was such a rush for them to want it back! Well Rachel was a big surprise for them! And now they attend school together with the last two years having almost identical class schedules. Thank you Rachel for being Emily's forever friend, sharing your love of bunnies with her and coming by today to wish her a happy birthday!! #friendsforlife❤️

4 comments:
Happy birthday Emily. We love you!
It's so much fun watching my first granddaughter growing up! There are so many sweet memories to reflect upon. We named her family grace in Chinese. KY surely is our family blessings !
Same beautiful smile. So glad we can be part of Emily's life and growing together. Faith loves spending time with the Ma Sisters.
Happy Birthday to a very special niece of mine! I always love reading your posts/blogs Cezanne although I don't always comment. Wish there was a button to "like or love" it :) It's always nice to see pictures of the girls growing up! You write beautifully.
Post a Comment