I am very sentimental in regards to my former students. This one in particular is one of my favorites not only because she was a good kid but her heart is so pure, generous, kind and loving. I had the privilege of praying with her as she recommitted her life to Christ in Jan 2010. She is thriving at her school in color guard, band and honors classes. I have been blessed knowing her and her family and know that we will continue to make memories together!
This year, we joined on her annual Walkathon for Multiple Sclerosis. MS is an upredictable, often disabling disease of the central nervous system that disrupts the flow of information within the brain and between the brain and body. (www.nationalmssociety.org)
Shawna has been diagnosed with MS six years ago and even though she does not exhibit any symptoms she is well aware of what the disease can do to her body.
Our hope and prayer is to find a cure to eradicate this disease forever!



No comments:
Post a Comment