Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Spirit

I rarely showcased my 'spirit' in high school not because I didn't want to but because I wasn't very creative nor I had the 'resources' to get what I needed.

Emily's sophomore year Spirit Week was this past week and of course we planned the Sunday before it started since she wasn't sure if she wanted to participate. So thankful for friends and neighbors who have children that are in high school to borrow clothing from. Borrowing is so much better than buying!!

Can you guess the themes below?
Clockwise from Top: Western, Animal, Fashion Disaster, Pirate
Hannah hasn't had any Spirit Days at her private school yet but for Halloween she's been planning this costume for months!

She is "Oona" from one of her favorite TV shows, Odd Squad on PBS. Apparently she is an Odd Squad scientist.



I had to order the lab coat from a medical supply website, purchase the uniform pants from Old Navy and suspenders from a Halloween store while Emily created her bowtie and belt from green fabric. Hannah made her badge, buckle and gadget (not seen) herself.
Oona with her cousin, Officer Sam
She had great fun in putting together this costume. She's already thinking about next year... sigh...

2 comments:

theyews said...

Great outfits. I thought the fashion disaster was a Hogwarts student:)!

CEZ said...

Yews...Actually the 'fashion disaster' outfit was what she wore to the Temple Mount in the Holy Land except the scarf was over her head! She's also wearing jeans under her skirt! Her auntie didn't think it was a disaster and actually liked it! LOL! I guess everyone's 'fashion sense' is very different!