Monday, October 24, 2016

Home Away from Home

I always look forward to our annual trip away to Monterey, our home away from home, as I refer to Matthew's boss' vacation home.
It's so peaceful and relaxing there.
We first stopped off at a tourist destination, The Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz. We've never been there and decided to check it out.
It was quite interesting...
We couldn't figure out how worked. Matthew being the architect thinks it's all an optical illusion.
Spidey-Matt
But Hannah and I started to not feel good while we were on the Spot so it must be something..
Emily is standing straight. She really is.
We always visit our favorite aquarium,. this time with our Buffet Club President/VP and their girls.

And we hung out at Carmel Beach..
Some of us were very productive...
And some of us were not so much..
But we did eat well with Chef Owen on the grill!
And Phil's didn't hurt either!


Their cioppino is delicious!
This is the biggest and best bowl of clam chowder I have ever seen and tasted!
The vacation wouldn't be complete without dessert!


2 comments:

valerie c. said...

oh, our favorite places to go relax! i sure miss the Monterey Bay Area!

Grace Lee said...

Very thankful for the food, the fun and the fellowship.