![]() |
| Hannah with Sabrina (who memorized a bible verse) and Laneya (who memorized a folktale) |
Every student was a winner since everyone receives a ribbon. 15 students came from KHA from grades 1-6.
Nine Christian schools from around the Bay Area were represented and over 150 students competed. Three ribbon levels were awarded: Superior, Excellent and Good
Hannah received a Good ribbon for her speech. She was doing so well until the end where she froze and forgot her next line. Eventually she recovered but points were deducted for her hesitation. It's not easy speaking in front of a room of 70+ people. But she did her best and she had a great attitude after some crying in her friend's arms. She decided that she wants to get all the colors of the ribbons. Yes! What a great idea!




5 comments:
awwww, bless her! she gave it a try and did well. it will get easier, the more she does it.
yay for Hannah!
Valerie, I know! She was doing so well until the end and then she froze! Laneya did great! A very long folktale she had to memorize. Thomas didn't even bring the story on paper for her to review before the competition started. He said she either knew it or didn't! LOL! I wished you were at our Mother's Day service! Ariel and Laneya sang such a beautiful duet that I cried through the whole song. I was thinking of you and knew you would have been so blessed by them. So proud of your girls! Love them!
<3
Wow,KaWai, you did an excelent job. I am so proud of you. Helen S Rice 's poems is also my faverite too!
Mah mah
Congrats Hannah !! We're so proud of u !! U Greg , A Carolyn , Cory Craig & Priscilla
Post a Comment