Sunday, May 18, 2014

Ribboned Again

Emily was the only student to represent her 7th grade class at the ACSI Math Olympics this year at the host school,  Milpitas Christian (Mandy and Kyle's former alma mater).  I guess at this age kids don't care to spend their Saturday at school taking some math tests. But not my daughter. If she's invited, she will go! Her Pseudo-Tiger Mom says!
Emily receiving her ribbon from the MCS principal.
And she ribboned in 5th place in 7th Grade Reasoning. This is her 5th year going to the Math Olympics and she has ribboned every year except the first year she went. That was when she was in third grade. (Maybe she didn't have a very good teacher that year! LOL!)

Each student had to take four 11-minute tests in one of two categories: Computation or Reasoning.
Emily has always preferred reasoning over computation. Do you know what Reasoning is?
WORD PROBLEMS! I'm thinking.. are you serious? That is definitely NOT from me! I get confused reading instructions on a cake mix box.
Over 126 students participated from seven Christian schools in the Bay Area. KHA sent 20 students and 10 ribboned! So proud of our kids! (Of course you notice everyone is Asian or Indian.)

2 comments:

valerie c. said...

goodness, I don't understand anyone who would enjoy word problems...it's just a place for numbers to hide in!!!
congrats to Emily!
(Milpitas Christian is where all three of our kids went to school--K-4th; and I worked in the business office for a couple of years!)

theyews said...

Yeah, Emily (and her tigerish mom)!