Saturday, April 12, 2014

Gorging Again

Whenever we get together we eat. Eating binds and bonds us together. Sharing of food. Breaking of bread. We ate like queens. Late meals.

Starting with Thai for dinner.
Thai Ice Tea to Go.
This tiny hole in the wall was awesome. They gave out not only free water but free Thai ice tea AND free dessert- fried bananas. Many of us didn't drink the ice tea (and took it to go!) since it may keep us up. Smart! I drank mine and I was fine but Marj was wide awake throughout the night.

At Paramount Studios we ate lunch at the Commissary. (See Behind The Scenes At The Oscars). And after picking Koreen up from the airport we headed to a Chinese place Marj and her family went to when she was young.
At CA Adventure, we ate lunch at Carthay Circle.
I had the halibut.. delish!
The waiter treated Sus' to an apple pie dessert because it was her birthday!
At the end of the day, Sus' had to get her beignet and shared them with all of us. It was warm and yummy!
After sending Koreen off to the airport we headed to an all-you-can-eat Korean restaurant, Cham Soot Gol Korean BBQ.

It was packed and we waited for over an hour. It was freezing in there also. Because you have to cook your own food, they had a ton of fans going through out the restaurant.
This is how Lisa and I sat for an hour in the freezing wind as the door opened and closed frequently next to us. BTW, we were sitting INSIDE!
Once we were seated... Marj cooked up a storm.
They gave you a ton of meat to cook. It felt so wasteful when we left since we could not eat all of it.
We literally rolled out of this place. I felt so bad that we couldn't eat all that they gave us. What a waste!

After church service on Sunday, we headed to Guppy House... where they had the hugest shaved ice I ever saw!
Yep.. I had Marj's same expression but I could not have 'expressed' it like Marj can!
My lunch.. stewed pork bowl. It was delicious!
So very bummed that I could not take any food home with me on the plane.

NEXT UP: Saddleback

2 comments:

CEZ said...

Another great chronicle in this epic journey!
Thanks, Cez, for all your hard work!
Marj

CEZ said...

I agree! Thank you Cez. When I look at those blogs it makes me think what fun I had and I how I miss you all.

Lisa