Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Paddle Away

Now.. we are back to our regular programing... a sudden death can do that to you especially when I had a few more summer posts all lined up to share.

The last summer field trip was to the Shoreline Lake Aquatic Center in Mountain View where we tried out paddle boating!
No dads this time around!
We split up into three boats of four.

The first (Boat 1) was Carolyn and Calina with her two boys, Joshua and Zachary. I thought that they were so lucky.. the boys will be doing all the paddling and they would just lounge and chat the whole time.


Boat 2 was the big boys... Cory, Daniel, Craig and his friend Trent.
The boys felt that paddling without shoes was more effective along with using their arms and hands as oars!
Boat 3 was the Girls boat.. me, Emily, Hannah and Priscilla. After further reflection (after I got on to the boat), I realized that my boat may be of a disadvantage. I was the only adult; one who could not swim, had a bad knee and was with the two youngest kids of our group... hmmm... not a good situation.

And paddling was HARD!! It looked easy but apparently it's all looks. I was exhausted after a few minutes of paddling and we didn't really move anywhere significantly.
Happy pedaling girls.. Priscilla barely reached the pedals. She was actually pedaling off her seat!
But I underestimated my girls.. Priscilla wanted to pedal and she had the stamina of two or even three of me! (and that's not saying a whole lot!) Emily, Hannah and Priscilla pedaled away like there was no tomorrow!

After the hard workout (we were just out there for one hour and that's plenty of time Carolyn says) we headed to lunch at In and Out and McD's... (the hamburgers are better at In and Out and the fries are better at McD's.) with dessert at Krispy Kreme!
The last time these boys will see each other until next summer!!
Until next June..

No comments: