Thursday, April 18, 2013

Tea for 5 and 1 Afar

My best girlfriends... whenever we gather together (which is not frequent since we all live in different cities throughout the state), we reconnect... and of course, eat!

We normally try to find some place that won't have a crowd and that we won't need to rush out. This time we went for American Tea. And we tried one that was close to my place.

They had a tub full of hats to chose from!
Delish food... cucumber radish dill and cream cheese, pecan chicken salad on wheat, artichoke cheese on baguette, spinach spankopita & mushroom turnover...
...and many pots of different teas: assam, belgium chocolate, darjeeling, tyme for tea blend with kiwi and strawberry, english breakfast are what we chose

We had only one missing member.. Lisa Y.. whom we toasted a very happy birthday to her from afar.
Marj & Lisa W.
Me, Susana & Koreen
I sent Lisa Y a birthday toast picture in her honor and she sent this beautiful response: 

Thank you!!  I am truly touched.  You all look wonderful!  Nice hats. :-)

Sometimes in a quiet moment,  I wonder to myself, "where is home?"  As I look at your kind, smiling faces around the table with your assorted hats on assorted heads I think perhaps this is what home looks like.

Let me take the opportunity to say this...

Thank you for the many years of friendship and remembering my birthday.  I may not be the "most" anything among us.  I am not the most thoughtful, that's Cez.  If you want to make sure an important date is remembered and celebrated appropriately I think of Cez.   I am not the most compassionate, that's Su. When someone is hurting and needs a kind word there is Su.  I am not the most knowledgeable, that's Koreen.  Every time I think "what the heck does that mean?",  I am always pretty sure Koreen would know.  I am not the one with the most warmth, that's Marj. When you see Marj, her big smile and infectious laugh always makes you feel welcomed. I don't have the most strength, that's the other Lisa.  Life is not always smooth but when I think of someone that carries on with grace I think of Lisa.  So, irregardless of my short comings I care for you all very much.  You can always count on me to try to do my best for you.

You are all a blessing.  Thank you. :-)

Love,
Lisa


I was literally in tears when I read this from her. It still makes me tear up rereading it. She described each of us to the tee... and how much we mean to one another.

Lisa Y: You are definitely THE most eloquent as Sus said and can accomplish ANYTHING you put your mind to!
Celebrating Lis's birthday in '09
It is rare to have find a friend that knows you so well that she knows what you're thinking by just looking at the expression on your face; she can finish completing your sentences before your own words come out of your mouth; and you can share in all honesty and vulnerability and know that your words are safe in her heart. Yes it is rare to find one... but to find 5?

Boy do I love these gals! I am truly truly blessed to have them in my life!
Our cruise together just gals in '06

7 comments:

CEZ said...

From Su

Wow. we get a special page. Thanks, Cez!

CEZ said...

OH CEZ!

You are the sweetest! What beautiful words you wrote. I love this blog.
SO NICE! I love you girlfriends and sisters! What a blessing to have you
all in my life for all these years! How good HEAVEN is going to be one day.

Thanks Cez,
Marj

CEZ said...

Thank you, Cez, for such kind words. Lisa's right, you are the most thoughtful! You are all gems and I am truly grateful to be called your friend!

Lisa

CEZ said...

What a lot of wonderful stuff I have missed!! You ladies are one of God's best ways of encouraging me and giving me perspective! Cez is right...it is rare and special and such a gift to have sister/friends like you.

I love you all too!!

Koreen

valerie c. said...

what blessings and gifts you are to each other! continue to be examples of what "sisterhood" can truly be to women who are too timid/scared to open up to the wonderful possibilities of friendships with women!

CEZ said...

From Lis Y

Wow you go on vacation and come back and you get a whole blog entry! Thanks Cez! Love you all...too!

mom said...

Sorry I miss this blog until now 5/20. It is truly a blessing to have even one best friend, but to have 5, it is really a wonderful double-double blessings!