Both my parents do not have good teeth nor gums (since they never went as a child nor really as an adult) so I take full advantage of our dental insurance and go regularly (every 6 months) to get my teeth cleaned. I brush after every meal and floss daily. I am happy to say that I only have one cavity to date!
My girls also do not like going to the dentist. They go to an awesome pediatric dentist, Dr. Steven Chan. He's so personable, great with kids and translates 'dental/medical' terms to English so I can understand!
Emily had 10 of her baby teeth extracted by the dentist and 4 that were lost 'naturally'.
Hannah has had all her baby teeth pulled.. #7 & 8 was just recently. She is currently 9 years old and only has 'lost' 8 baby teeth. All of them being extracted by the dentist.
Now you see why my girls don't like going to the dentist? (Nothing against Dr. Chan though.. he's great!)
Hannah had a shark tooth (the baby tooth in front of the new permanent one).
Dr. Chan says that the permanent teeth technically 'should' push the baby one out (growing on top of the old one).. thus you get a loose tooth. But Hannah's (and Emily's) teeth don't tend to grow that way. Her permanent teeth tend to grow 'next' to the baby tooth thus the baby tooth does not get loose. And her permanent teeth are so much bigger than her baby teeth too!
| A few hours after the 'extractions'. |


1 comment:
oh, bless them both! that wouldn't be fun for me, either!!!
Post a Comment