After hunting for owls, we were really hungry. Birding can give you a big appetite and I was so excited to go back to our 'old haunts' of where we loved to go eat back in college.
I didn't have much money to spend to eat out. $5 for lunch seemed like a lot of money to spend to eat since I only was given $200/month for bills, food and extra curricular spending when I was at CAL. But if I had to choose to eat somewhere it would be Steve's Korean BBQ in the Durant Plaza.
It used to be located in a tiny hole in the wall where there would only be 4 tables for 2 and like 6 counter seats.
Now its located in a larger hole-in-the-wall in the Plaza.
 |
| Their BBQ chicken is to die for! |
 |
| Matthew got the short ribs. |
Since we were on Durant we could not not get a polish from Top Dog.
 |
| Their prices sure increased since 1989... and I think the dog got smaller too! |
 |
| It's still super crowded...and only one person working! |
After lunch we gave the girls a quick tour of Sproul Plaza showing them where we would hang out or meet friends for lunch at the 'AACF table' or at the 'fountain' (which had water this time... I rarely see water in it.)
 |
| The campanile |
I can't believe it's been 24 years since I graduated... sigh... time flies! But the campus looked pretty much the same. Some things never change!
1 comment:
i thought i heard that Sproul Plaza had changed quite a bit recently--is that true?
Post a Comment