| blueberries galore |
Why so cheap? Well.. it's not for the berries I think. That's for sure. I'm pretty positive that it's the labor. Picking berries is very time consuming. You have to sort through bushes and bushes to get even a handful of berries. Big berries I mean. Not tiny unripe ones. The berries grow in clusters so there may be one or two in a cluster that is ripe enough to pick.
| Blueberries all in different stages of ripeness |
| Shawna and Emily ready to hit the bushes! |
...while Hannah works the lower part.
Matthew, on the other hand, took picture after picture and even had me take one of him too!
| Lilypads |
It probably was easier to just buy the prepicked berries
But what's the fun in that?!? They were deliciously sweet!
Next up...The Underground City!



6 comments:
we took our kids strawberry picking in Watsonville--once! they were the sweetest, juiciest strawberries we'd ever had--before or since! i think PART of the reason they taste so delicious is the invested labor!
We have two blueberry bushes in our backyard here in Folsom. When they start ripening, usually in June, we have more berries than we know what to do with and end up freezing bags full.
Sounds fun but a lot of hard work too. We picked strawberries in what felt like 100 degree weather in Watsonville for 20 minutes and although it was fun, I was ready to go! HOT! I'm sure the girls enjoyed this unique experience!
Oh forgot to say I like the new fall leaves background! So pretty.
Kay.. you are so lucky! I would love to have a blueberry bush! Any fruit actually... I can't grow anything really.. I got a black thumb!
I totally understand how hard it was to pick fruits. The girls looked like they really enjoyed picking blueberries. It's new experience for them. It's not much fun having all by myself to pick my fruits in my backyard. Sugar plums takes the longest time to pick since they are like grapes but not in clusters, I had to pick them one by one. and they are in thousands. I am glad you all had a great time. How did you take Matt's pix? It looks like he is going to fall into water!
Post a Comment