---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like to feed my hummingbirds with my hummingbird feeder. I want to grow flowers and shrubs for them. I also want to grow plants that attract the insects they eat. I want them to nest in my yard, but it's a little late. As you know, I clean and refill my hummingbird feeder and sometimes the hummingbird drinks out of the ant guard!
When I hang my feeder up after refilling it, I sometimes get a hummingbird coming towards me. While still hanging it up, a hummingbird comes and drinks right in front of me. Up close, I can see the actual size and the male's shimmering red feathers on the gorget. I've always wanted to snap a picture of a male Anna's Hummingbird showing its bright red feathers. I looked up a picture on Google and admired this photo: the bight red shimmering feathers, the tail feathers, the wings directly diagonally.
![]() |
| Photo Credit: Tim Zurowski |
When the hummingbird turns its head towards me, I can see its colorful feathers. Right when it turned its head toward me a snapped a photo of it.
I did it! Not like the other picture, but I still did it. I didn't even need any help from my dad. I know how to use his "super lens" camera. Then it flew to my feeder and right when taking off I snapped another photo!
It's a little blurry but beautiful! No help at all to do this. My cute hummingbirds!

5 comments:
Very Nice! It is amazing how trusting these bird are to eat from the feeder even while you are holding it. They must know you like them.
great pictures, Emily! i love to watch the hummingbirds in our backyard, too. i don't feed them, though. they like the fountain that is on our patio! i've tried taking a few photos with a "regular" camera--one that isn't made to take special shots of moving things...and none of my shots are as great as yours! good job!
Great post.
I never knew the feathers changed colors like that.
Good job capturing that moment on "film".
Patrick
Hummingbirds feed near me because I go outside on a daily basis, so the birds get used to my presence. Now I want to try hand feeding them. Not yet though. Trying.
Emily, I think it is wonderful that you are so interested in birds. Keep up your hard work, and I'm sure the hummers will be eating out of your hand in no time!
Post a Comment