But when we do visit, it's great since Matthew usually can join us for lunch. We usually go out and try a new or old restaurant in town. This time around we went for Korean food... probably the first time my parents ventured out to try Korean. There was a new restaurant a few blocks from their house. It was very good, in my opinion. My brother and his wife even came to join us. That's the nice thing about having a flexible schedule and the opportunity to work from home for my brother that is.
I always enjoy getting together with my siblings to catch up on the latest news on what's been happening with them. My sister couldn't join us this time around (she usually does). But her boys had school that day so couldn't bring them. And you can't come visit the grandparents without bringing the grand kids you know? Heaven forbid!
It's always nice coming 'home'... I was raised here where I spent 22 years of my life (before and after college until I was married). When my brother came over he bought some donuts for me, the girls and my parents. These donuts were my 'favorites' when I was growing up. Whenever my dad went to Chinatown to go shopping for groceries (there wasn't any 99 Ranch, Marina or Lion Market existent yet), he would detour into San Bruno and grab a dozen donuts from Rolling Pin.
| The box design hasn't even changed from 20 years ago! |
My mom is most proud of this orchid plant. So much that she moved it herself from the backyard to the front yard for people to admire. They definitely have a green thumb. Whereas I have a black thumb. I can barely grow a bamboo plant. And how hard it that?


1 comment:
love the orchids! those are beautiful--they really do have 'green thumbs'
Post a Comment