Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Backyard Update #2: Rain

It's Raining, It's pouring, the Birds are still a Chirpin'
by Emily

When it rains it looks like more birds come when it rains. I have more to sweep when it rains. The seed shells get wet on the ground and may get moldy. Birds still go crazy for food.
The hummingbirds still drink.
Red-winged Blackbird
Red-winged Blackbird Are you listening to the rain?
If you're cold, puff yourself up like me!
Mourning Dove
Female House Finch
California Towhee

3 comments:

grandma valerie clubb said...

Emily,
love the pictures of your birds!
you are very good at field study--keep it up!

Amos said...

Great close up pictures!

mah Mah said...

Ka-Yen,
You have provided dry and warm places for birds to hide in raining days. It's very kind of you to treat them so nice. I love hummingbirds. It seems like they are not afraid of human. Often when I watered the plants in my backyard, hummingbird drank water from my water holes.
Mah Mah