Saturday, October 13, 2018

Legal Adult

I threw a surprise birthday party for Emily's 18th.
Lunch at Jang Su Jang in Milpitas - Korean BBQ feast!
I gathered friends from both the schools she attended. So it was like a mini-reunion.
Kimber Hills Academy reunion of friends from Preschool - 8th grade 
Washington High School friends 9th-12th grades
Huge thanks to Danika who helped me keep this secret celebration a secret and helped pick up the balloons and cake and gather the kids for me at the restaurant. before we arrived.
Danika, Emily's devoted youth counselor,  created this beautiful favor card!
Emily didn't know what type of party she wanted and doesn't really like to bring attention to herself but I felt that 18 is a momentous age and we should celebrate her! I mean she had to find a new doctor because she can no longer go to her pediatrician whom she has seen her whole life. She is in a whole new age category when I book a flight or hotel for our family. I don't have to sign any documents for her as her parent/guardian. The next would be 21, legal age to drink alcohol, and 25, legal age to rent a car. Then it all goes downhill. Every age afterwards is non-celebratory except maybe 80!

2 comments:

Harriet said...

How fun! Happy 18th Birthday, Emily!,,May God continue to bless you and watch Disney very you!

Harriet said...

Oh, no.....May God continue to watch over you!