I am blessed with two daughters and no sons. My sister is blessed with three sons and no daughters.
 |
| Zachary (13); Joshua (16); Hannah (almost 13); Emily (almost 16) and Daniel (almost 19) - July 2016 |
It all evens out. God knew that it would be easier for me to raise a girl than a boy.
I'm an introvert; clean-freak; need constant verbal communication to understand you; and loves shopping. I'm not at all outdoorsy nor enjoy the outdoors; not-athletic; not-active anything; not interested in sports nor computers nor cooking!
I wouldn't know what to do with an active messy hungry smelly boy.
 |
| 2003 |
My sister is an extrovert who talks to pretty much anyone that breathes; cooks and bakes up a storm to feed a soccer team; goes out to all the boy's soccer and baseball games and is a big Giants fan. My sister has no patience in dealing with a crying anxiety-ridden child and she definitely does not have the patience to deal with 'girl drama'.
 |
| 2006 |
I can't deal with a boy's computer obsession, smelly heads/bodies, messy rooms and loud voices.
 |
| 2007 |
But I love my nephews as if they were my own so God knew what was best. We have the best of both worlds.
2 comments:
Cez! This is maybe the saddest post of yours that I've ever read. You're describing stereotypes of boys, and negative ones at that. God never only gives us what we can handle and nothing more... if that was true, why would we need God? We could do it on our own! The saddest thing I could think of would be for God to only entrust me with things I could do on my own! I was always the girliest of girls, I never even owned a pair of pants until the 5th grade, I was always in skirts or dresses. I cried when I found out my firstborn was a boy... I was convinced that I would be a mom of girls, and an awesome one at that. Instead God gave me two sons. And I love being a mom of boys so much! They aren't smelly or loud or computer obsessed, because I taught them about hygiene and respect and that there's a world out there beyond a computer screen. This world needs strong men of great character, and how wonderful that God trusted me enough to muddle my way through this, with Him guiding the next step in front of me. I don't presume to know what God was thinking, but I'm less interested in ease and more in simply following Him where He wants me to go! We can do ALL things through Christ, who strengthens us. Especially the hard things.
Oh my dear red-headed sister, thank you for your thoroughly honest insight!I was wondering if anyone would correct me on raising boys and you, having two, did! I do have to say those stereotypes I mentioned do describe my nephews to a tee! But I so agree with you that we parents have the responsibility to not only teach our children but also model to our children the behaviors we want them to exemplify. You are a great example of a mom that loves her boys so much that they can be proud of a creatively, artistic, extroverted, Disney-obsessed, Christmas fanatic, Alice-is-her-other-name, photographer slash hostess with the mostess. Yes we can do all things through Him who strengthens us! Thank you to Him! Love and miss you!!
Post a Comment