Sunday, August 7, 2016

Hume

Emily's first time away from home for a whole week.. and went to High School Summer Camp!
Hume Lake in the background! So gorgeous!
Emily and 12 other members of her Youth Group at FCC went to Hume Lake Christian Camp during July 4th week.
The girls' cabin
She has never been away without one of her parents so this was a big independent step for my first born! And she had a great time!
Emily attached to Courtney
She enjoyed the recreation time, food and cabin time.
 The camp grounds look so beautiful!
Emily and Brandon, one of the counselors, braided Adrianne's hair!
She made a cool key ring during craft time.
The kids woke up so see the sun rise against Hume Lake at 6:00am!
The camp had a professional photographer and posted the following pictures on their website. Of course, I did not purchase any so that's why the Hume marks on the photos.
Crazy Campers!
Can you find Emily in this picture? I'll give the first person  a $10 Amazon card if you can find her! Show me proof that's it's her!
This was how many kids that were at camp that one week!
At church, the following Sunday, the kids went up on stage to share about their experiences and thank the congregation for supporting and praying for them!
Grace, Courtney and Danika shared on stage how God spoke to them.
Here is what Emily said to her supporters regarding her experience:

"I really appreciate your help in supporting me on my trip to Hume Lake Christian Camps. I had a great time bonding with friends and studying the word of God. I really enjoyed the worship and listening to the sermon during chapel. I also enjoyed times casually hanging out with some friends.

In a typical day, we’d wake up for breakfast and then head to chapel, which consisted of worship and a sermon. Organized recreation was afterwords, where we play engaging and competitive team games outside. After we eat lunch, there is 4-5 hours of free time. This is a time where we can do any activity of our choosing. Most of our time was spent at the volleyball deck to hang out and watch, or play cards. We had dinner, and then went to an evening chapel service. At night we had about an hour of time, there was usually a scheduled event we could attend.

The camp theme for this year was Bingo (farm themed). It was based on the prophet Elijah in 1 Kings 16-19. When Elijah’s faith in God was tested, Bingo’s trust in his farmer was also tested. A short film about Bingo was shown, which relates to Elijah’s story. I learned about our love for God. I learned that God wants our genuine love for him."

The two gals below are not super close friends of Emily's even though they attend Youth Group together.  Funny thing is .. both attended one of Emily's birthday party over a decade ago.
Grace I. in 2016 at camp........2003 at Emily's 3rd year old birthday party (13 years later)
Grace F. in 2016 at camp.......... 2005 at Emily's "Princess Tea Party" 5th birthday (11 years later)
Bottom line.. you never know when you reconnect with some 'old' friends!

No comments: