Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Hi-Tech Sushi

We finally hit a new kind of restaurant! Our Buffet Club Pres and VP recommended that we give this one a try. Now I'm not too into those sushi places where all the dishes are the same price. Not because of the cost, but because of the quality of the food. I remember we ate at a place where all the sushi was $1.50 a dish. Well.. all I can say is you get what you pay for.

This new sushi place was $2.25 a dish. I was a little hesitant because that is still cheap for sushi. But I did not have to worry.. everything was delicious!
Our godson, Kyle was home for spring break from Cal Poly SLO, but his sister had to go back to college thus she's on the phone her mother is holding.
But the kicker wasn't only the cost nor quality of food but the hi-techness of the way the food is served.
They had a nice variety of sushi: cooked and uncooked.
All the tables were against the assembly line of sushi that you can grab whenever you want.
If you don't see what you want or want it be made fresh, you can order it on the iPad that is above your table. After you order it, a few minutes later it comes zipping down the conveyor belt and stops conveniently at your table.
The soups came locked with a lid. No spilling!
Once you have finished with your plate, you dispose of them in the plate chute which is also located at the end of each table. Efficient huh? No need to flag down a waitress to take your plates, nor keep them all stacked up to calculate afterwards.
I wonder what it looks like on the other side of this chute.
The computer keeps track of all your plates. And after every 15 plates, you get a free Hello Kitty surprise toy!'
We had 48 plates.. but at $2.25 each it's not a bad price!
Now you may think there isn't anyone waiting on you but there are. They fill your tea or water cups or if you order ramen or something that isn't on a small plate, they can take away those plates.
Their ramen was surprisingly very good for $4.80 a bowl. My girls loved it!
Overall, it was a must-try experience and the food was really good.  I was glad that we got to try it with my cousin and her family!

NOTE: BIG downside to this place was the wait. We arrived 30 minutes before it opened to put our name down and the first page and half of the 2nd page were already full. We had to wait 2 hours for our table. (Arrived at 11 ate at 1) They don't take reservations and it always a ton of people waiting at the door. No big tables. I think a max of 7 (which was our party) was the biggest they could accommodate if we wanted to sit together.

Kula Revolving Sushi Bar
19600 Vallco Pkwy
Cupertino

5 comments:

MS said...

Wow looks like a fun and unique place to eat at! I've heard of this place before but didn't want to wait 2 hours for a table. Is this a new place? I wonder what lunch time wait is like...

CEZ said...

Yes, it just opened like 2 months ago. It's the only one of it's kind in NorCal.. seven more in SoCal. It originated in Japan! We waited 2 hours for LUNCH! But of course it was a Saturday. Maybe it's better on the weekdays but according to the yelp reviews, it doesn't sound like it. The sneaky thing is that people would write their names down like on the 5th or 6th page right when it opens for an 'early' dinner slot.

Grace Lee said...

Even the wasabi was fresh

CEZ said...

YES! I did notice that! Not that bright green color you see at the regular Japanese restaurants!

Grace Lee said...

We'll have to take our girls next time & try to go over 15 plates for the "made in China" plastic toy.