Saturday, October 10, 2015

Like Magic Part 2

Before I start on our HolyLand recap, I want to finish my magic cleaning tips..

You know I am a clean freak but I am also lazy. Yep! I am very lazy when it comes to cleaning. Such a paradox right?

In my previous post I did ask for tips on cleaning ugly black grout. And Mr. YouTube came through again!

This time it was from "Life As A Twin Mom".

Here's my before and after pictures from my kitchen.
The black grout was all over my sink rim.
But 24 hours later, it looked like this and I didn't scrub a bit.
The back splash was disgusting.
24 hours later it was much better but not all the grout came out. That's because it was really deep behind the grout.
After 20 years, this area was rarely scrubbed down probably because I had a ton of stuff on it.

I did have to use some muscle to scrub this part with Soft Scrub and Mr. Magic Eraser.
So how did I do this? MAGIC! Really. My idea of cleaning is to exert as little amount of energy as possible and the results must be immaculate!

This time I just used these 3 items:
I soaked the salon cotton strips in bleach and placed them over the grout areas and let it soak for a few hours.
Make sure you air out the area you are cleaning. The bleach smell is strong!
The video says it should work within 30 minutes but my grout is 20 years old and I didn't want to take any chances so I let everything soak overnight.

After I removed the cotton strips, it looked great and I just used the magic eraser to touch up other areas that I didn't put bleach on. No need to scrub at all!

My bathtub was so gross I didn't want to embarrass myself even more. (plus I forgot to take the before pictures). But it worked!

So there you have it! I really should replace the grout and scrap everything all clean but I'm lazy remember?

Here's the video for your reference if you want to try it out:

If you have any magic tips for cleaning that does not include hiring someone to come or using a lot of time and energy, please pass them to me! I'd love an easy way to dust without having to move anything!

4 comments:

Grace Lee said...

Cezanne, where did you buy the salon cotton strips?

CEZ said...

Get the reinforced ones so they won't pull apart. I got them at Sally Beauty Supply but any beauty supply store should carry them. The box was around $4.

thengs said...

Awesome! Definitely going to try that! Thanks for sharing these hints!!

CEZ said...

OMG. Amazing! So glad you got rid of all that black mold! I wonder if all of your health will be better!

You Tube is great to find answers!

Harriet