Emily was on the basketball team again this year and decided to give volleyball a try also.
Hey.. it's her last year.. let's make it memorable right?
This season she was able to make 13 points (4 two pointers; 5 free throws and 9 fouls). She even fouled out of a game once.
The girls team went into the playoffs with a 5-5 record and came in third place in the league. At their first playoff game they lost by 2 points against Cornerstone Christian in Antioch. So close yet so far. Literally! The actual game was shorter than it took to drive to Antioch.
Below were the three key players: Team Leader; Offense and Defense.
At the Sports Awards Ceremony, Emily was given the MVP Defense Trophy.
![]() |
| With Coach Ralph |
So he was especially proud of his first born daughter, when she tried out, stayed and played on the KHA basketball team for two years. Plus winning the MVP Rookie Defense Trophy (last year) and the MVP Defense trophy (this year) proved that whatever she put her heart into.. she did it well.
And she had her feet to show for it.
She had blisters on her toes everyday from wearing her first pair of basketball shoes. I went through a few blister packages as I taped up her feet every day throughout the whole season.
Since she did so well in basketball I also encouraged her to play volleyball. It looked much easier than basketball plus you don't need to run as much and your feet won't hurt.
She tried out and made it on the first string team.
Had to get her her first pair of knee pads!
I've never been in a sporting goods store so much in my life!
So proud of her coming out of her comfort zone!












2 comments:
way to go, Emily!! woot-woot!
How fun to see Emily competing in sports! She is a natural, and you have so much to be proud of her for. I really think kids learn a lot by playing team sports. They learn about themselves and others and a lot of life lessons…endurance, patience, confidence, belief in oneself, risk-taking, becoming dependable, etc…. I’ve seen the struggles, challenges, and triumphs with my boys in sports, and I’m grateful for their experiences too.
I love that picture of Matthew with Emily…they both look so happy together. A very proud moment indeed.
Awesome! We’ll have to play some sports the next time we have one of those big get togethers. Maybe a game of volleyball or basketball?
Marj
Post a Comment