Not so! As it turned out we were out for every meal except one the whole entire long weekend! Who knew?!?
First off....Friday after picking up the girls from school.. we headed to the Great Mall.
![]() | |
| Unfortunately, Rachel told me that their microwave broke and she ate a half-frozen hot pocket for lunch. Hmm... not so appetizing. I decided to help her forget her 'lunch' with a yogurt snack. |
![]() |
| Check out what/who we saw displayed at the GAP Outlet? |
![]() |
| It's a picture of Hannah's good friend Laneya! Who knew!?!? |
Are you wondering why I'm at the mall on Valentine's Day with the girls and where was my wonderful husband?
Well.. he was here with his 'date'.. a church friend invited him to stay at his timeshare and ski at Northstar. He couldn't pass up the opportunity and of course as his loving wife, he had my blessing to go!
Saturday was the funeral for my sister-in-law Hilda's mom. I must say it was the longest-shortest funeral I ever had the privilege of attending.We sat and waited for 50 minutes and the service was less than 10 minutes. (I felt kind of weird walking up to the family to pay our respects and bowing to the deceased with Matthew and our 'three' girls right after my sister and her husband walked up with their three boys. All of a sudden I felt like my side of the family was huge!)
After the burial, we went to Moonstar Buffet for the lunch reception.
We love Moonstar! It's one of our favorite buffets. (I think our Buffet Club gave it 4 bibles but I have to check with our Prez & VP to confirm)
They have cotton candy!! Rachel said she had to roll out of that restaurant. Luckily she had a swim class after we got home so she can swim off the calories.
BUT after swim class, we headed straight to DINNER with Matthew's family at Happy Kitchen. I don't think I could have eaten another bite! I mean lunch only ended at 3pm and dinner just 3 hours later?!?
But we did eat.. they have great food! And we even got dessert at Tapioca Express. We rolled home and fell into a food-induced coma.. until the next morning!
Church! After church service.. Dim Sum!
Yes.. we went to Fu Lam Moon to have dim sum with the Louies, Wongs and Matthew's ski date, Doug.
That afternoon the girls got on their bikes to ride off their calories. Matthew washed his car and I did what I do best: I took a nap!
The next day... Monday - President's Day Holiday.. no school.. no work.. so what did we do? .. go EAT!
This time with our Buffet Club Prez & VP and their girls. Grace wanted to try Chicken and Waffles in Oakland.
![]() |
| We gave this place 2 bible rating. The waffles were nothing special and the prices were high! |
![]() |
| We ordered waffles, fried chicken and fries.. the garlic fries were delicious along with the side of grits. I never had grits before! |
| The Mr & Mrs.. (one of the many weddings I coordinated) |
![]() |
| The 'spot' where she said YES. |
| I have never been actually on the church property before. Always drove by. It was huge! But the views were amazing! |
We finally got home and quickly packed up Rachel's bunnies to bring them all back to her regular home to have dinner with her grandparents and brother. I wonder how much weight she gained this past weekend with us? LOL! Hope you had fun with us, Rachel!









4 comments:
my goodness! I want to stay at YOUR home next time Daniel's away! can we make that happen?
(hahahaha...) you make each day an adventure--delicious adventure!!!
Yes,i notice almost every photo you took was with food! They were realy having fun!
The food always brings us together.
Nice write-up as usual Cez! Thanks for the great details that let us know what went on. Wow, super high caloric weekend, but oh so fun! Thanks again for taking such great care of Rachel! Sure beats a half-frozen (not so) Hot Pocket! Gratefully, Michael
Post a Comment