... where we gathered at Stu's little one bedroom apartment to have dessert, exchange white elephant gifts and celebrate Christmas. We were all single and care free!
Fast forward to 1995. Newly married I wanted to do the grown up thing and host my own dinner party in my new home. Some of us were married. No kids just yet.
Fast forward again to today... where we have been gathering annually for the last 18 years. The number of heads to feed went from 10 adults to 28 (14 adults and 14 children).
 |
| What do you feed 28 people? A 16-1/2 lb prime rib roast! |
I had a sit-down dinner for 28 guests in my little home.
 |
| Girls filled the living room table |
 |
| Boys and adults filled the sofa and family room table |
 |
| ...and the rest of the adults at the main kitchen table |
And our annual group photo was in my living room.
 |
| We sacrifice personal space for a great photo op! |
 |
| You can get a little coo-coo in such a confined space and a crick in your neck for looking up for so long! |
To commemorate the times we had together I made a slideshow to show the Gang... all of us through the years... Starting in 1992.
 |
| You can check out their reactions in seeing themselves 20+ years ago! Plus it was so cool seeing the kids growing up in those 6 minutes! |
And as always, we Asians tend to congregate in the tiniest areas... like here in my hallway.
I am so thankful for these precious people whom I call sisters and brothers of mine. They are truly family to me!
If you are interested in watching my 6 minute slideshow (the first that I have ever made, by the way), shoot me an email or comment below and I'll send you the link!
1 comment:
what a blessing to be able to stay in touch and get together, year after year! a great example to the kids!
Post a Comment