Saturday, November 16, 2013

A 30 Hour Celebration

If you know me well, you know that I am not a wing-it type person. I normally don't 'drop things like a hat' to go do something that was unplanned. That just ain't me.

I plan far in advance for most things and try not to procrastinate. If we would be vacationing, I would make my reservations at least 4-6 months in advance depending on where we were going. I want to get the cheapest price and best rooms/seats so that's why I plan so early.  Next I plan on what to pack at least one month in advance and actually pack at least two weeks before we have to leave.

I start my Christmas planning in October: printing address labels, buying stamps and making shopping lists of what to get for whom. My Christmas cards and newsletters are all done by the start of November.

But sometimes in a blue moon, I can be 'wild-and-crazy' and just DO.

That's what we five gals did a few weekends ago... we decided to go down to celebrate one of our BFF's birthday!

So in less than two weeks, the five of us Gals shifted, changed and worked within our individual busy schedules of work, school, and childcare and booked flights down to sunny SoCal to hang with one of our besties, Lisa. We ended up booking a total of five different flights coming in and out of Burbank in order to accommodate our individual schedules.

Lisa Y graciously opened her cozy one bedroom apartment for all six of us to sleep for one night. And we just hung out, ate, talked, laughed, ate some more.
Lisa's living room
On Friday night we waited until the last of our six, Marj, came in at 9pm (her flight was delayed on Southwest.. what's new right?) to eat dinner.
Susana,  Lisa (our b-day gal) and Koreen
We ate dinner at 9:30pm  (you can even call it 'siu yeh'.. the restaurant was packed!)
Marj, Lisa Y and me
At Tasty Garden eating some delicious food!
.. then dessert at Half & Half, a trendy boba tea place.. at 11:15pm! So wayyyy past my bedtime..

The cups were way HUGE!
And brunch (which turned into lunch) the next morning at Din Tai Fung
(Sorry for the blurry fuzzy photos.. my phone camera is not as nice as my regular camera which is not as nice as my husband's camera who's pictures I usually use in my posts.. but you get the picture)

With all our social media out there with the emailing, skyping, facetiming, and texting nothing .. and I mean NOTHING is better and more rewarding and memorable than real personal Face-to-Face time with a person you love. Giving them a hug, sharing a meal (or numerous meals) and laughing until we cried together in one room.

Happy Birthday to one of my dearest most precious friends I could ever have!! Love you Lis!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is that drink in a box that Susana decided to get?!?

valerie c. said...

you need to plan on being more wild and crazy spontaneous!!!
;-)

The Tang Gang said...

OMG you were just two blocks from my place. Next time you wing it, give me a ring! =)

CEZ said...

Baby Girl.. I didn't even get a chance to sleep much less call anyone! LOL!Definitely next time! Hugs to you Jennie!

The Tang Gang said...

Aww...who needs sleep. You're still young!

I want to meet your girls! We must plan a get together. We hope to be in the bay area in the next few months...

The Tang Gang said...

HEY It's Susana!!!

CEZ said...

I am amazed always! You have a
true talent for writing and recording history. I loved the blogging
too...great pix of our whirlwind trip to LA. It's always so great to see
each other again and just be all together.

Thank you all for the wonderful time!!!! Thank you Lisa and Lisa for taking
care of us, driving us around, providing warm blankets and pillows, and just
being such hostesses!!! I'm so glad we got to hang out. Sorry I missed
everyone when you all were here at Thanksgiving.

Cez, it looks like they did a quick and good job with your knee. I hope you
are healing very nicely and will soon be up and going again. How long does
it take to recover. I think it was funny how you described your surgery and
that when you asked when it would start---they answered that it was all
over. Anasthesia is really something.

Love you all,
Marj