When I was at CAL many moons ago, I never stayed in a dorm. I had the privilege of staying in an apartment on Northside. But Matthew lived in a dorm for his freshman year.
 |
| Creative Decor! |
It was Unit 2 Dorms and he shared a room with another freshman. He took down his closet door and made it into his 'desk'. Posters hanging everywhere along with stuff on the ceiling..
... and fancy door decorating.. although I'm not sure about what the soda cans were for. Collecting for recycling?
Maybe it was a 'guy'-thing..
Now during this summer vaca down South, we went to visit our new high school graduate,
Jessie, who was moving into Biola University. Her whole family came along to help her move.
 |
| Jessie and her family, her roommate and track mascot, llama? |
 |
| It's pretty cool that they provide a loft bed.. saves space but looks like Jessie doesn't need much space. :) |
Funny thing, Matthew's sister, Matthea went to Biola also..
 |
| Here's Matthea's dorm room when she moved into Biola. Notice the land line phone in the picture. They don't offer those anymore! But I'm sure they have to offer internet now. |
After visiting Jessie, we went to see our goddaughter, our other newly minted high school graduate, Mandy, who moved into her dorm at Azuza Pacific University.
 |
| Campus Security is located in the same building! Very safe!! So glad! |
 |
| She wasn't done decorating yet but check out that closet space on the right... It's a whole wall closet organizer! |
We also spent some time visiting Matthew's Auntie Stella (A-Ee) and Uncle Danny's (A-EJeung)
family. We got to meet one of his cousin Lemuel's sons. He has four boys! We still can't believe little Lemuel is a father of four kids!
 |
| Lemuel, A-Ee, A-E-Jeung carrying Isaac (their #4 grandson) |
 |
| Matthew with his two cousins, Lemuel and Simeon (right) |
We all went out to lunch.. they do know where to eat and let me tell you JJ Noodle House was DELICIOUS! Best meal on our trip!
 |
| The brothers when they were wee little ones! |
Lastly before we went home I had to drop by this bakery.. the creme of the creme of Asian Bakeries down here. I bought a box of buns and pastries home. Delish! Oh the food down South is so good.
But I STILL wouldn't live down there. WAY TOO HOT!! I'm a Bay Area girl at heart!
3 comments:
all too soon i'm going to see pictures of YOUR Emily in her dorm room!
Thanks for posting pictures of little Lemuel and Simeon... how time flies!
That was fantastic! Loved reading it! So cool to see the Biola dorm back in the day!
Have an awesome week!
Love,
Jessie
Post a Comment