Emily's 6th and 7th grade classes went on their last field trip of the school year to the Asian Art Museum in SF.
 |
| Just the girls with their teachers |
I have never been so it was a very interesting look into how religion and culture influences art in India, Cambodia, Thailand, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, and China. We just missed the Terracotta Warrior exhibit.
Hannah's 3rd grade class had a play day in the park with water balloons and water guns!
 |
| Hannah with one of the best teachers she's ever had, Ms. Robbins and her good friend, Laneya |
 |
| Here is Hannah and Laneya in preschool together |
Eighth grade graduation at KHA is a beautiful and memorable ceremony honoring all the students, whom many have been at KHA since preschool or kindergarten. The Band played Pomp and Circumstance and the National Anthem.
 |
| Emily on clarinet |
 |
| The whole KHA Band! |
 |
| My good friend Helen and I dressed alike.. and we didn't even plan to! |
Kindergarten graduation is also a very memorable event. I had the privledge of teaching both kindergarten classes as a sub and got to know these wonderful upcoming 1st graders.
One of them was Joshua (in the graduation cap). He is the youngest brother of Jessica and Jonathan. I homeschooled Jonathan with Emily when they were both three years old. I kept calling Joshua 'Jonathan' while I was teaching him. Ugh! Don't you hate being called your siblings' name?
 |
| Jessica is a head taller than me and she was wearing flip flops and I was wearing heels! Jonathan is to the far left and is also taller than me and he's Emily's age! |
 |
| This is Jonathan graduating from my homeschool class; doesn't he look like his younger brother Joshua? |
 |
| My nephew Joshua, Jessica, Jonathan and Emily. |
Emily had a wonderful group of middle school teachers this year:
 |
| Mrs. Scott for Math, Science, Art , PE and homeroom. |
 |
| Mr. Burgin for History and Teacher's Assistant (elective) |
 |
| Mrs. Hansen for English |
 |
| Mr. Quijas for Outdoor Ed and Speech |
Sigh...It was only yesterday that my girls were little..
This is one of Emily's former classmates, Hannah W. who moved away last year. She came back to visit in June.
Here they both are in Junior Kindergarten (age 5). Hannah was one of my students in third grade. It's such a blessing to see her thriving at another school.
The years sure fly by!
2 comments:
I'm going to miss Hannah and Laneya next year. I just love those girls to pieces. Thanks for sharing.
i can't believe those girls were YOUNG once upon a time!!! yikes! i'm getting old-er!
Post a Comment